Since 2005, our family has served as missionaries in Cidade Tiradentes, the largest government housing project in Latin America, located in São Paulo, Brazil.
What God has done
- 2005 - We moved to Brazil in January when Samuel, our oldest son, was 2 months old.
- Erin studied Portuguese during the first year while Jonathan helped at a local church and researched where in São Paulo to dig into and work. God led us to the East Zone.
- We moved to the East Zone of São Paulo at the end of 2005 to start working in a district know as Cidade Tiradentes, the largest government housing project in Latin America.
- 2006 - We joined God at work and helped plant a church in the neighborhood of Barro Branco.
- 2007 - God gave us a strategically located property which we later start a church on.
- 2007 - Jesse is born
- 2008 - God opened a door for us to help plant a church in Barreiras.
- 2009 - God opened a door for us to help plant a church in São Jose.
- 2009 - Abigail is born
- 2010 - We transition Igreja Batista Caminho do Rei over to Brazilian Leadership and return to the U.S. on furlough.
- 2011 - Hannah is born
- 2012 - God opened a door for us to plant Igreja Batista Oásis in the Bairro of Cidade Tiradentes on a strategic property we purchased back in 2007.
- 2013 - The Asia Project was launched in order to mobilize brazilian churches towards mission projects in the 10-40 Window.
- 2013 - Benjamin is born (that's it - no more!)
- 2014 - The Oasis of Hope Project was launched to reach at risk youth through a Biblically integrated soccer program.
- 2016 - Igreja Batista Oásis is transitioned over to the Brazilian Leadership and return to the U.S. on furlough.
- 2017 - Moving to Campinas to join a church planting revitalization effort.